1. I immigrated to the USA with my parents when I was 9.
2. My first job was as a peddler in the streets of Italy while going through the immigration process. I sold matches and thermometers.
3. When we arrived in the United States, I continued to work on weekends at the swap-meet alongside my father.
4. At 13 I started managing my parents’ clothing stores after school and on weekends.
5. At 17 I dropped out of High School, left the family business, and got a job at Bloomingdales as a salesperson in the handbag department.
6. At 18 I got my first job in social services, which later turned into my second job for the next 20 years.
7. At 23 I started working in Education, where I continue to work to this day. I have held the position of Teacher Assistant, English as a Second Language Teacher, Academic Teacher, and a Dropout Recovery Teacher. I now hold the position of Counselor and Program Manager.
8. I hold a Master of English, and a Master of Education - School Counseling, as well as multiple credentials.
9. My experience in Education and Social Services has forced me to continuously solve problems related to Education, Employment, and EVERYTHING ELSE.
10. I have realized that the problem-solving skills I developed over the years served me well and have enabled me to guide others through the act of solving problems.